|1989-1991 (w/ electric windows)||Simple||Thirty minutes||Electronics cleaner/lubricator||thin flat head screwdriver|
- Disconnect the negative battery cable
- Remove the screw holding the window switch bracket and pull the whole bracket out of the panel
- Remove the two bolts holding the bracket to the harness base.
- Separate the switch from the harness by slipping a screw driver in between the switch and the large black harness base and rotating the screw driver slightly to lift the contacts out. Do this several times changing location so that no pins are bent taking it off.
- Separate the housing by inserting a thin bladed screw driver between the switch block and the housing and gently lifting the housing from the block. There are four spots that need to be unclipped, two on each long side (see Fig. 2).
- Take the switch block in hand and spray it down with the cleaner/lubricator. Ensure that the cleaner is safe for use on electronics!
- After drying, reassemble the switch to the housing. Insert into the harness base. It can be installed incorrectly, but it is rather difficult as there is a key that orients the switch to the housing and the base. Install the switch bracket bolts.
- Push harness back into door panel and insert bracket tab into the slot in the panel and then screw the bracket to the panel.